Thursday, January 16, 2014

How to survive with a new baby and toddler

It is only as stressful as you make it. No one expects you to be super mom, after you just gave birth. :) So relax, you have been through it once the second time is not so bad.
Let's talk reality, lol, EVERYONE is sleep deprived! The first 2 months are a little chaotic until you get into a rhythm. The first night home as a family was crazy!! Once your toddler gets used to hearing baby cry and not so new they sleep soundly. Feeding new baby was hard at first as well because the toddler needs attention at the same time baby's hungry. After a few days he began to understand and would cuddle with us. Of course the recovery is still needed, I began to do too much right away because I had a new baby and toddler to care for. So I definitely recommend if possible help with meals!! Hint to family/friends of new parents, taking families meals, even if just one meal, is a HUGE help and blessing!! This time around I am trying to plans meals I can make ahead and freeze for when baby comes. Resting when possible, this one was hard when Lukrik was awake, so take super advantage of napping toddlers. Don't even worry about cleaning or shopping, if your fortunate enough to have a husband like mine, then leave it to him! :)
Once more time passes and baby is a little bigger, I loved my Moby wrap for when baby needed to be carried and I needed to clean, shop, and go for walks (other outings). For spending time with your toddler: I would take advantage of baby's napping times to do simple activities. Coloring, reading, and a movie became favorites. Like I said the first 2 months are chaotic and eventually everyone gets accustomed to the change. So enjoy this time as best you can, children grow fast and soon you can say the chaos is blissful. Another big tip, which is my best is just pray  all day for strength, love, and patience!! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment