Sunday, March 23, 2014

Our inner beauty

I have been reflecting on the idea of inner beauty and how as women in our media filled world we can find strength and peace to be set apart for God. When I read Proverbs 31: 30, "Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised," I think of inner beauty and what it means. For me it is contemplating on the condition of my heart. For example what makes me happy, holy, and at peace with God. If we can put all our faith in God, it is better for our hearts. It is so easy to compare ourselves to one another. Because of how easy it is to see women from all over the world today, it is more difficult to not compare ourselves. But each of us are made in the image of God and we are beautiful. Not necessarily what we see day to day but the condition of our hearts day to day. In 1 Peter 3: 3-4 it says, "Do not let your adornment be merely outward--arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel-- rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." The easiest way to focus our hearts on this is to ask God to give us strength and humility to surrender all that we are to Him. To me there is nothing more precious than God being in charge of my life. There is no reason not to give all of ourselves to our Father whom loves us a lot. So I invite you to surrender all your heart to God and have faith that He will see your inner beauty. :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment