Monday, February 11, 2013

In light of Lent

With Lent approaching I thought I would share a little of what we are taking on...we have already begun "giving up" sweets/junk food. So we always look at how we can improve our spiritual lives individually and as a family. I feel that Lukrik is getting old enough to begin to understand relationships better so it is important to us to strengthen his relationship with the Lord. We decided to only allow 30 minutes of electronic use a day, trust me it's hard to keep the IPad from Lukrik and me, lol. Also, doing our churches alms giving for a local community agency will help him understand generosity and being grateful for all he has. One other thing is praying the rosary as a family every night and reading Lukrik different bible verses everyday. Hopefully it goes well and we can let go of the electronics, lol, it helps to have it for when I feed Ezekiel, but I need to get more creative and active! "But as for me and my house we will serve The Lord." Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment