Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sorrows turned into joy!

I have been reflecting on how the Lord truly turns sorrows into joy! Since Karissa is two months old now I just think back to my pregnancy. It was rough and even if it had not been labor always is. I am grateful that my prayers were answered and everything went well. Prayers are always answered in His timing. :)

When we had decided to have another baby, we both prayed for a little girl. Really it would have been okay had we had another boy, but our heart's desired a girl. I knew it would be a blessing no matter what gender and had to trust that the Lord knew best. Little did I know the blessing would not be without some suffering. Here is the thing, all my blessings have not been without a little suffering. I am not complaining about the  suffering because they make me stronger and draw me closer to Christ. I never like to dwell on those sufferings, but for the first weeks home I did. I am sure every mom struggles at first to find joy in the challenges that motherhood brings. While I was not ever depressed, I just was in survival mode, doing the bare essentials to make it each day. I am healed fully from delivery and my emotions are good. Now that I am adjusted (as much as possible) to life with 3 children and know it will be okay, I can relax and enjoy!!
These boy's love their sister!!!! :)

Look at this little girl!!! :)

So precious!!!
How can you not find joy while gazing upon this glorious gift, a precious gift of life that God entrusts us with!!!
"The pain that you have been feeling can't compare to the joy that's coming" --Romans 8:18






No comments:

Post a Comment